The Effingham Public Library is a proud recipient of The Children’s Literacy Foundation (CLiF) Rural Libraries grant for the 2020-2021 school year.
The grant provides
- $2,000 worth of brand-new children’s books for the public library
- $500 worth of brand-new children’s books for our local elementary school’s library
- Two professional storytelling presentations for all the students in grades PK-6
- Two professional storytelling presentations for local childcare/preschool programs
- The opportunity for all PK-6 students to select two new books of their choice at the spring storytelling event
- The opportunity for all preschoolers to select two new books of their choice at both storytelling events
- Book bundles for your community
- $250 to be used for new children/family programming
The grant’s goals are to update and supplement library’s collections, increase circulation and library use, strengthen the library’s connection with local schools and the community, and inspire a love of reading and writing among low-income, at-risk, and rural kids in New Hampshire and Vermont.
“Often the library needs to improve their children’s collection to better connect with their community,” says CLiF Program Director Meredith Scott.“New books and bringing storytelling events to the elementary school and preschool helps the library to strengthen those relationships.”
Books are pre-selected by genre. All bags are $5, with anywhere from five to ten titles per bag. Children’s books are 2 bags for $5. Cash, check, and paypal will be accepted.
All proceeds will fund the Historic Town Hall Restoration Project.
The Friends organization was established in 2002 for the purpose of fundraising and volunteer
efforts to support improvement and expansion of the Effingham Public Library. The next
meeting of the Friends of the Effingham Library will be held on Wednesday, September 9 th at 6
pm. Via ZOOM online meetings. Contact the Library for more information. Check out our
website, effingham.lib.nh.us to find out what’s new in our continuing provision of library
Thank you! We appreciate your support!